Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Poppyseed Pasta Salad

Friday afternoon, I skipped my run and decided to cook.
What a dream.

Last week, I was hard-core scouring for some easy and delicious pasta dishes -- emphasis on easy.
Pinterest and blogs have been scoured.

My first experiment is this concoction:
Inspired by Kristin at the PickyCook blog!
This dish sounded yummy and easy enough.

Here's my version: 

2 1/2 cups of bowtie pasta
1 can of drained chick peas
2-3 cups of chopped veggies

And for the sauce:

1 cup of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon dijon mustard 
2 tablespoons pomegranate red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
parmesan cheese
sprinkled poppy seeds


1. Cook the pasta.
You'll want to do this first in orer to let the noodles adequatly drain and cool.


2. While the noodles are cooking, go ahead and chop up some veggies.
Grab whatever's in your vegetable drawer.
That's what I did.


3. Drain a can of chick peas.

4. Heat the olive oil in a medium sauce pan, then add the thyme and garlic.
Cook over low heat for ~1 minute.


4.  Off the heat, add the lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper, stirring constantly.


5. Throw the noodles, chick peas, and chopped veggies into a large bowl and pour that divine-smelling warm sauce over the ingredients.



As you can see, I added some of the seeds from the bell pepper and sprinkled some poppy seeds on top of the dish.


Then throw some parmesan cheese on top.
Get in muh belly.
As you can see, there are some cucumbers in there.
That's because when I was adding the parmesan cheese, my grandpa walked in the door with groceries. So I just grabbed a cuc and chopped up half of it and threw it in.
It was perfect because the sauce was a little runny, and the cucumber slices soaked the last of the runniness right up!


I have a strong inkling this I'll be making this dish over and over and over again.
So what?  I like uniformity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment