Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday...PTL.

This week has been awesome, for realz.

For one, I'm now on blog lovin':

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I'm linking up with Lauren for High Five for Friday!

Photobucket

Music, letters, muffins, and beach dates--all included!

Let's get started:

ONE.
Last night my parents, my Nana (mom's mom), Magran and Papa (dad's parents) and I attended a benefit concert that raised money for Special Olympics, at Thalian Hall in downtown Wilmington.  
Magran, me, Nana, and Mommie before the show.
A couple that are members of my family's church are former Broadway performers, who have four children, two of which have downs syndrome.

The concert was in support of a campaign called "Spread the Word to End the Word", referring to the word "retarded" which is derogatory and offensive to people with disabilities and people that are close to people with disabilities.

Daddy and I getting super pumped.
Mommie wanted to join in on the fun.
It was getting out of hand.
By the way...this was my view from the front row baby.
The music was gorgeous and timeless and I hugged a ton of people from my family's church in which I grew up.  It was awesome to see often ostracized members of the church supported.

Gratitude was wrought--for my Savior who rights all of our wrongs and makes perfect what I have broken.

TWO.
Sending snail mail :)


THREE.
These carbs. Mmmm.


FOUR.
Beach date with Mommie on Sunday afternoon. Delightful.
Yes, my mom is wearing DANGLY pearls to the beach. She's southern. 
And she got some interesting tan sunburn lines.  
For her sake, pictures not included.

FIVE.
Walking on the beach in the evening with my family is becoming an unscheduled tradition. And I kind of love it.
Sorry for the awful lighting.

From the lifeguard stand.  Rebels.

Afterwards we had a family game night. 

P.S. My sister and I tied for first :)

What's your favorite family game?

4 comments:

  1. i love wilmington! it looks like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in Wilmington and am back for the summer! So blessed to be here for sure.

      Delete
  2. I love the sound of that campaign! I cringe whenever I hear someone call another person or thing "retarded." My favorite family game is probably Apples to Apples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too; words are powerful. Apples to Apples is a favorite, as well as Loaded Questions and Catch Phrase! The one we played is called "Murder"...and it's as intense as it sounds!

      Delete