Friday, June 8, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Fridays rock.  Especially when you live at the beach.

Today I'm linking up with Lauren, an awesome girl that was in my college women's small group last school year, for High Five for Friday!

Photobucket

Back to the beach...here's my five fave things from this week:

1.  Sunday evening, my parents, my brother, Trey, his girlfriend, Brittany, and I went for a long walk on the beach.


I was hard-core third-wheeling...and unashamed.

Where's Bradley?
And then we tried a new frozen yogurt place.
Yum-o.


3.  Saturday morning, my sweet mom took A and me to get a mani + pedi.
Then the three of us met my dad for lunch at a favorite spot.
Coincidental outfit matching. We are so much alike it's scary.
And I grabbed some Lindt chocolate for us three :)

I didn't waste any time eating mine.

4.  My Grandaddy's birthday was last weekend, so my parents, T, A + I celebrated with him a few days late at a delicious restaurant called Sweet 'N Savory.

On the way to dinner!
 I ordered salmon for the first time in my life.
Huge to-do.
  
Impeccable life decision.

5. THIS.
"With an almost eerie level of calm, each of the young people thanked the Lord."

Y'all. This is the NEW YORK TIMES.
Seriously??  Praise the Lord.  
Jesus is on the throne. 
And He does as He pleases.

Other students participating in The City Project with Bradley had quite an adventure in Queens, NY.
And brought incredible glory to Jesus and the peace and confidence in Truth that only He provides.

May this not be the last time the NEW YORK TIMES reports (& shines a positive light on) missionaries bringing the Gospel!

You are just to receive the reward of Your Cross.

Aaaaand...the author of the article retweeted my tweet:
nbd.


2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of you as the 3rd wheel. Too cute. That salmon looks SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my family enjoyed that picture a little more than I did, haha. IT WAS. I ate every bite. As usual.

    ReplyDelete