Thursday, April 19, 2012

Wonderful Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! 
My second year of college has been BY FAR the best--Jesus has become bigger, there has been greater challenge, deeper relationships, and more fun.  I want to savor this time in my life and use the resources and relationships I have to become more sanctified and sacrificial.

I am continually amazed at the people Jesus had given me with whom to share this life.

Wonderful Song:
I drove home and back alone this weekend, which was great (although I always prefer company) for my prayer life.  Highways, country music, and long prayers are wonderfully cohesive. I don't listen to country music any other time, but I heard this song multiple times and think it's super cute.

Wonderful Scripture:
Romans 12:19-21
On Monday, Bradley was telling me about this scripture--I have never studied this passage extensively, but I've heard and been confused by the phrase "...for by doing so you will heap burning coals on their head." He explained that by returning kindness for sin, people will be awakened to Jesus in you (because responding to hurt with grace is antithetical to the human nature).  Your Christlike character will "heaping burning coals on their head" and will provoke others to realize their need for the Gospel. 

Don't you love that?  The Spirit's power in me to give the forgiveness to others that God has given me, will make others awakened to the reality and Lordship of Jesus.

Wonderful Friend:
I got some one-on-one time with this chubster and his beautiful mom late last week :)

Wonderful Picture:
On Monday, I went to Bradley's softball game (he plays on one of his friend's church's softball team--it's a big deal in Smithfield, NC!). I met two sweet girls whose boyfriends play on the team, I connected with them, and the three couples are going to hang out Saturday night!

Wonderful Food:
NOODLES! I made them for the first time in my life this weekend!

Wonderful Outing:
Last night Bradley and I went to Summit's monthly EQUIP Leadership Forum! This one was a little different in that the men and women were separated. I was given a wealth of wisdom to glean from women in our church. The two sessions I attended were "The Whole Bible for the Whole Woman" by Lauren Ashford and "Women Discipling Women: Digging Deeper Wells."


Not Pictured:
Lots of time with my parents and my brother.  I took a video of Trey (who is 16 years old) singing and dancing with some scuba gear and my boots on his hands...but there's a little too much booty shaking. The vision is sufficient to disturb.

What is a small way that has God shown You love this week?

2 comments:

  1. Kayla,

    Your blog is such an inspiration and testimony...I love it! I am a 1st grade teacher who God has placed in the classroom to show my little kiddos about His patience and unconditional love. There are days I am definitely frustrated but then I remember that before I was even born I am part of His plan and His plan for the lives of each little one in my classroom.

    I share TONS of poems that God has placed on my heart on my blog. I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. I am now a follower of your encouraging blog and feel like I found a sister in Christ and a sister teacher! =)

    Blessings to you,

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, thank you! Your words mean so much!! It is SO awesome to know there are teachers who want to spread Jesus to their students! You have definitely found a sister in Christ, although I am not a teacher--yet! Still in school, but thankful to glean from you! Can't wait to check out your blog :)

    ReplyDelete