Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday.


I am prideful.  And because I struggle with pride, I am highly susceptible to self-pity.  Class work, readings, projects, emails, leadership positions, babysitting, struggling to be an attentive and emotionally engaged daughter, sister, friend, small group leader, and girlfriend...

Momentarily, I think my life is hard. Certainly I never verbalize it nor does the explicit thought run through my mind, but my heart is satiated with self-pity.

So focusing on some of the bajillion ways God loves me is a discipline in which I need to invest.  

Things I am thankful for this week:

1.  Farm time last Friday.


2.  I realized am verbalizing the fact that I want to control not only my life, but other people's lives.  AKA I distrust God and want to sit on the throne.  So incredibly dangerous.

3.  Beautiful NC weather!

4.  Worshipful, sanctifying lunch dates with some of my favorite girls :)

5.  Starbucks date with Laura & Morgan on Sunday afternoon.
























6.  Powerful runs this week--such a release.

7.  Late night texts from Daddy :)


8.  Small group on Tuesday night since we all went home Wednesday!  We met at Royal Bean Coffee instead of my dorm room for a change of pace :)

9.  Dwelling on God's glory / Being sobered every time I read the Word.


10.  Trey & Ashley (my younger siblings) are on their spring break this week--which means hanging out with them during the day, not just when they get home from school/practice.  Words cannot express how happy I am about this and how God has already used this extra time just by being at home less than a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment