Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Banana Quinoa Breakfast Spread

Late last week I was searching the interwebs for a simple breakfast recipe with bananas, oatmeal, and quinoa.  I never found one.

So I decided to think for myself and create my own!

Experimental baking makes me nervous, so I made a breakfast spread!

Ingredients:


2 bananas
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 - 1 cup uncooked quinoa
~ 1 1/2 tbs honey

Extremely Complicated Directions:

Mash bananas;


peel bananas;


combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.


I later decided to throw in a handful of dried cranberries to the mix.
It was a good decision.


This spread is great on a toasted bagel.


Or just by the spoonful :)


2 comments:

  1. this is such a delicious and healthy idea for breakfast!!! thank you for sharing it with us, Kayla!!;-)) your happy smile makes me wanna make this spread right now!;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete