Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Today is this man's 21st birthday!


He is spending his birthday in Belgrade, Serbia building relationships with kids, teenagers, and college students (aka not drinking).  

Since Serbia is so incredibly hostile to the gospel/any sort of religious talk, his group is encouraged to be patient and evangelistically winsome instead of shooting for the Romans road with every conversation (aka it's hard). 

There are several missionaries that have planted their lives in Belgrade along with a few Serbian Christians, so Brad's team is encouraged to cultivate relationships that can be developed with time in the hope that the Spirit would bring them to salvation in Jesus.

Bradley and I got to skype this morning (afternoon to him) and I read him 22 1/2 (I tried for 21 and couldn't narrow the list any more) reasons why I am glad he was born.  

I'll share just a few:

I miss him when he's not with me (especially for 2 months).

He's a good combination of strength and tenderness.

He makes me laugh/is not afraid to make a fool of himself.


He loves my family well.


He's super fashionable.

If you couldn't tell, I certainly love him a lot.



I am confused and thankful that the Lord has given me this man who loves and pursues me so well, yet daily makes Christ the center of his affection.

I am SO excited to hug him soon and hear detailed story after detailed story about how the Lord made Himself known on this trip.

2 comments:

  1. you are such a beautiful couple! Happy Birthday to Bradley - you guys are blessed to have each other!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could not be more kind! I am very grateful for him.

      Delete